Buzzsaw Radio: The sold out Christmas performance live at the Giffard Arms
To close 2024, Buzzsaw Radio performed a fantastic setlist to a sold-out audience at Wolverhampton rock-pub.
So, who are Buzzsaw Radio? Local to the West Midlands,
Buzzsaw Radio are a three piece punk band who have created songs such as: ‘Superhero’
and ‘F**k Fake Fashion’.
The bands genre is not my typical go to type of music. Saying
this, I went to the gig without any expectations and I can genuinely say how surprised
I was.
The amount of interaction the band had with the audience was
the perfect amount, and not only this, but they really knew how to speak to the
crowd in order to main full engagement. Sometimes artists tend to overdo this
and it becomes to feel like the break between songs is taking up valuable
singing time- this was not the case, I thought that the boys executed this brilliantly
and even managed to make people laugh which is not something that comes easily.
I also found myself to be mesmerised with the group’s
performance. I always like to document the event when I am at a concert, whether
that’s by making notes or taking videos and pictures, at this concert I did not
want to. I felt truly entranced by the vocals of the lead singer, the brilliant
skills of the drummer and the little tricks of the bassist which all in all
sent tingles down my spine. This is the definition of music and is what
listening to any form of it is supposed to do to you.
Everything about the night was perfect and thoroughly enjoyable.
Even down to the sound levels which were successfully maintained. You could hear
each addition that every member of the band added to the formation of the sound
effortlessly.
The group definitely do not have the recognition that they
deserve and I can honestly say that there is not much else you can ask for from
a small, local band.
Towards the end of the setlist the leading vocalist sang ‘The
Preacher, Policeman, and The Punk’ alone whilst the bassist and drummer joined
the crowd to sway along to the slow rhythm of the ballad-like song. I found
this to be a nice touch as it reflected the appreciation the band had for their
entire audience. They then went back on stage wearing Christmas tops and
branded Santa hats to complete the headlining event and even sang a Christmas style
in the punk-rock fashion that they are best for. This made the gig feel more
personal and was a nice ending to a Christmas time gig.
In all, I truly believe that Buzzsaw Radio deserve more
fans, they’re a brilliant group that symbolises the success of the future of music
in our local areas. I will definitely be going to watch them again and hopefully
it be a sell out at a bigger venue.



Comments
Post a Comment